How do you manage the routes and the students? And what about the parents and informing them in real-time about the bus approaching their stop, delays or other incidents? Do you wish to gain a better insight into what’s happening on the school bus? – if the answer to any of these questions is “yes”, keep reading as we might be able to help you.
BatOnRoute is a software that aims to help with the management of the school buses providing the real-time information flow between the buses, the school, and the parents. The system consists of an app for the drivers/ minders on the bus, an app for the parents/ family members and a panel of control for the schools. Both apps are available on Android and iOS. BatOnRoute is available in 12 languages (Arabic included), as it has been implemented in more than 800 schools in over 25 countries.
With BatOnRoute it is not necessary to install any additional devices on the bus, you only need a mobile phone or tablet on board with GPS and an Internet connection.
No more waiting at the bus stop for the Parents
- More transparency and more security during the school run - they are able to notify the school about their child’s absence from the comfort of their own house using their app
- They can change the route/ stop of their child for a specific day or a period using their app (the school can decide if they want to activate this functionality and the minimum time before the start of the route to notify such a change)
- The parents receive pop-up notifications when the bus is close to their stop when it is delayed when their child embarks/ disembarks or is absent
- They can track the movement of the bus on a map in real-time
- The possibility of booking and paying for ad hoc trips on a webpage
What about the Schools?
- The automation of processes such as absences or changes of routes saves plenty of admin time - the schools gain insight into all the information concerning school transport
- With just one click they can obtain reports on students, routes, or incidents
- Forget about the Excel and time-consuming calculations
- Access to all the historical data
- The possibility of closing the route with a QR code placed at the back of the bus, which in turn minimises the chance of any student getting left behind.
Another feature that is appreciated by the schools is the fact that BatOnRoute integrates or is open to the possibility of doing so with management systems that the schools use. Like this, the info on the students and their parents is downloaded seamlessly from school’s data base to BatOnRoute and the absences of the students to school are translated to our system so that they will disappear from the bus list when they are not attending the school.
In a time when the local authorities and schools boost collective transport in order to try to reduce the number of cars on the streets, BatOnRoute might come in really handy. Making any purchase on the internet, you can later track the location of your package and at the same time it is incredible we cannot do the same with our own children when they are on the school bus.